M Series Driver does not respond to printer being connected via USB.
Driver shows printer off-line, even with printer connected and powered-up.
- Wrong USB port selected in “M Series Driver”.
- More than one copy of the “M Series Driver” is present and the wrong one was selected.
- System is hung-up.
- USB Port, or Cable Connection problem
- Verify that you are selecting the appropriate USB port in the driver Ports Tab. Note: During driver install the USB port was automatically assigned. However if someone changes the port setting in the driver you will need to manually reassign the port.
- If a second M Series Driver was loaded; be sure to select the appropriate one as your default.
- Clear spooler, and then reboot printer/computer.
- Test using known good USB cable; replace cable if necessary.
- If still no communication; check printer using another known good system (computer, software, cable).